Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual Queer Studies in the USA and Canada plus Sibling Societies and Study-Abroad Programs complied by John G. Younger.
The Kinsey Institute at Indiana University promotes interdisciplinary research and scholarship in the fields of human sexuality, gender, and reproduction. The Institute was founded in 1947, just before the publication of Sexual Behavior in the Human Male in 1948. Today the Institute investigates sexual behavior and sexual health today, and carries out its mission through:
- development of collections of resources for scholars;
- programs of research and research publications;
- presentation of interdisciplinary conferences and seminars;
- provision of information services for the general public;
- provision of student-oriented sexuality information services through the internet;
- graduate training.
Accredited Schools Online has put together a guidebook for the LGBTQ community in hopes to inform, share, and help. Inside the guide you will find tips on how to create a safe learning environment, how to handle both high school and college life, and resources for LGBTQ students ranging from high school to college level - scholarships included.
MoneyGeek.com has created a user-friendly guide for readers seeking a supportive and safe option for higher education.
Some highlights of this guide include:
-"safe space" criteria when choosing a college;
- differing cultural environments when studying abroad;
- resources for parents & educators.